Welcome to the Minnesota Budget Project
We provide nonpartisan analysis and advocacy so that more Minnesotans can participate in setting our state's tax and budget priorities. We believe public investments and fair taxes help Minnesota maintain a high quality of life and build a strong economic future.
Minnesota Budget Bites Blog
Most Recent Blog Posts
- Jan 31Federal Government Must Step Up or MinnesotaCare Will Go
- Jan 10Minnesota Budget Project statement on introduction of health insurance exchange legislation in House and Senate
- Dec 05Budget deficits continue to plague Minnesota: time to end vicious cycle
Latest Research & Analysis
Governor Dayton's FY 2014-15 Budget Focuses on Tax Reform, Financial Stability and Investments
Governor Dayton's budget proposal takes important steps toward reinvesting in Minnesota and restoring financial stability.
Tax Increases Don't Prompt High-Income Households to Move out of State
Income tax increases do not cause high-income households to move out of state, according to the experience of several states.
'Fourth Tier' Would Have Little Impact on Small Businesses
Governor Dayton's proposed new income tax bracket for the highest-income Minnesotans would not have a substantial impact on small businesses.
With your generous support, we will continue to provide you with timely, accessible and credible analysis of the critical issues facing our state.
Resources on the State Budget
- Minnesota Management and Budget links to the Governor's supplemental budget.
- Minnesota Management and Budget links to the Governor's budget recommendations and presentations.
- Minnesota Management and Budget website links to agency budgets.
- Gov. Dayton's budget website.
- Minnesota Budget Bites blog.